The mission of Beyond Medicine-Patient Advocacy is to facilitate patient health and well-being.
We believe that patients and their families:
- Have the right to make their own medical treatment decisions
- Have the right to make decisions about medical treatment that align with their values and lifestyles
- Have the right to be educated and informed so that they make health decisions that support their desired health outcomes and wellbeing
- To provide tools, information, and other resources to patients, families, and caregivers to use in managing their communications and interactions with medical providers
- To advocate for patients directly through contracted services
- To improve patient advocacy across healthcare organizations at every point-of-service, beyond doctors and nurses, through consultations and training